Pages

Monday, March 28

Peachtree Road Race!

Got a super-exciting e-mail this morning!  I got into the Peachtree Road Race!  This 10K is a little piece of Atlanta history, started in 1970 with 110 racers.   This year, it's capped at 60,00 (!), and they introduced a lottery system for entry.  My dad ran the race in 1982 and '83, so it's neat to be following in his footsteps (pun definitely intended).

So, I'm now registered for my first race!  I've heard it's more of an "event" than a serious race, but I'm excited to have something to train for.  I've had some trouble with my leg lately, so I had to take a short break from running, but I'll be back at it soon. :)

I have to say my interest in the race was piqued last year when I saw the t-shirts (my dad still has his!).  You can go online and vote for which design you like the best.  I definitely have a favorite.  Which one is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment