Pages

Sunday, March 27

Birthday Bananas

I just had my birthday and got a 4-cup Cuisanart food processor from the 'rents.  Wahoo!  I've been drooling over this banana soft serve ever since I saw Mama Pea use it for ice cream sammies. 

I just broke up a frozen banana (make sure it's really ripe!) into chunks, threw it in the food processor and whirled it around for a little bit.  Add a tiny bit of milk to help it all stick together and it really does look just like fro-yo.


Credit
So far I've done plain banana, raspberry-banana (adding in a handful of frozen raspberries for a gorgeous red color!), and pb&banana (add in a tablespoon of pb).  Next I'm seeing peanut butter and strawberry (pb&j!), vanilla, chocolate, honey, blueberry.... I might give up all other foods!

Apparently this recipe is quite the craze (I can see why!).  My mom says she saw the recipe on TV too.  So, I'm super-curious: who came up with the recipe first?  Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment